** POSITION FILLED. MORE POSITIONS WITH IMPELLUS **
A PR and Social Media job role with flexible hours for an experienced PR and Social Media Executive who can drive the profile of Impellus
PR and Social Media Executive
About Impellus and our vision
Impellus is a well-respected, fast-growing provider of management training courses based in bright, modern offices in the centre of St Albans. Our vision is to become synonymous with management and leadership across the UK and we’re looking for an engaging PR and Social Media Executive to join us – ideally four days a week – to be an important part of delivering that vision.
With over 250 days of training delivered each year, the company is known for delivering high-value training to Managers at all levels across its 16 UK venues and through client premises. Impellus is an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) accredited provider and prides itself on helping companies and professionals reach new performance levels.
We are passionate about living our company values (there’s always a better way, to deliver all interventions with integrity, discernment, care and a clear sense of quality, to always seek to take responsibility yourself, to provide a supporting culture for colleagues and clients) every day and work hard to ensure the working environment and culture achieves these values. For this reason we continually strive to develop class leading systems and working practices to enable all staff to be the best they can be.
Who we’re looking for to join our team
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised, creative individual with at least three years PR experience – ideally gained around the management / leadership sector – who has played a leading role in managing PR campaigns. You will have established media contacts and relationships within the national and business press.
You will relish the challenge of driving Impellus’ brand and identity forward and being an important part of an ambitious, fast-growing team. You will also be commercial enough to ensure that your work is delivering returns in line with the company’s strategy and financial requirements.
You will need to have excellent people skills to be able to manage our multiple stakeholders and handle the pressure of a busy workload with confidence, focus, and a collaborative work ethic.
You will have a good commercial understanding and be able to write challenging and thought-provoking blog posts and press releases, and be able to think of new angles to promote the company as a leader in its field. Evidence of this will be requested during the recruitment process.
Our company values are important to us so you will need to enjoy being treated in line with these and be able to bring these values to the team every day yourself.
This role is ideal for somebody with the right experience wanting to take on a more strategic role reporting directly to the Managing Director of a small, fast-growing business. You will shape thinking and decisions and deliver results that contribute towards the business’ vision. You will work alongside a colleague whose remit is direct marketing so you will need to be able to ensure you work in a complementary manner.
You will be innately able to find stories, angles and opportunities in the business’ day-to-day activities, materials and wider current affairs that help you to build the brand and reach of the business.
The following activities are essential to the success of this role:
- With regards to PR and social media activities, you will;
- Generate unique and insightful content directly relevant to the business’ activity
- You will generate regular and targeted press coverage
- Keep and develop good relationships with targeted journalists
- Help shape marketing strategy and ensure your work fits with the company’s vision
- Research and write good launch and testimonial coverage on client activity
- Use the feedback and client data available to provide research and opinion pieces
- Communicate in a commercially and ethically savvy manner yet be able to remain neutral
- Operational activities;
- Use the freedom and resources given to you to develop the brand, voice and persona of Impellus
- Liaising internally to ensure good communications throughout the business
- Liaise with external partners from journalists to web providers
- Keeping good records of your activities
- Have good organisational skills and show a pro-active attitude to the role
- Basic understanding of SEO and the tools available
Remuneration and terms
The role would suit a proven PR professional looking to have more flexibility in their working week.
Ideally this is a four-day per week role although hours could be divided differently for the right candidate. A full-time contract of employment with a three-month probationary period is offered. There are 20 days holiday given every year on top of all weekends and statutory bank holidays.
Salary: £26,000 (four full days per week)
Hours: Four days / week *
Based: St Albans
* Flexibility of days/hours could be provided for the right candidate. Monday mornings are imperative
To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short covering email to Jon Dean: jon.dean(at)impellus-new.novagram.com. We will reply to you within 48 hours of receipt.
Interviews for the role will be held at our offices in St Albans.
Applications are currently open.